Hi! ....Sooo I've decided to restart my blog.
With its recent public release, I've decided to use the Ghost Blogging Platform. I currently have it hosted on a $5 Digital Ocean Droplet running 13.04 Ubuntu and connected to a free postgresql developer instance hosted by Heroku.
Ghost is a fairly new contender to the world of blogging platforms currently dominated by Wordpress. Unsurprisingly, it's already gaining traction despite its infancy (version 0.03 at the time of writing) perhaps not only because of its modern UI but also the modern stack and post editing it uses (Nodejs and Markdown). There are definitely a lot of essential features that need to be implement including, but not limited to:
- Custom Blocks and Widgets
- SMTP or POP3 email service integration
- Comments integration - Disqus pls
- External Image Storage Options - S3 pls
- Themes, themes and more themes - cuz' right now there is only 1